Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 69: DIY Sugar Scrub

These winter months are wrecking havoc on my skin! My legs feel like crocodile skin and my poor heels are a sight.
My first instinct, of course, was to buy Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper sugar scrub. Smells so delicious, you'll have to resist the urge to lick your ARM!

But, good lorddd, 36 bones for a 12 ounce container! Thanks, but no thanks.

So I took to the kitchen and came up with a scrub that I think it just as yummy as the Bliss version! Plus everything I used I already had in the house! Making MY scrub a whopping free ninety-nine.

Citrus Honey Sugar Scrub Ingredients
Sugar (I used organic cane sugar from Trader Joes. It's more course than fine baking sugar)
Light oil (I used olive oil)
Honey
Lemon juice
Salt
Tangerine essential oil
Empty container

In a small bowl, measure a little more sugar than would fit in your container. I mixed equal parts oil and honey, then added a little more oil because it was a little too sticky. I stirred in just about a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt. I mixed in a few drops of the tangerine oil at the end because it's supposed to be enhance cheerfulness :)
I don't have exact measurements because it will depend on the size of your container.

I keep my scrub in my shower! I used about a tablespoon of it and it left my legs and elbows feeling silky smooth! Plus my bathroom smelled like dessert!

Next time I think I'm going to try a grapefruit and lavender scented scrub. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment