Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 87



I had to buy a new pair of jeans yesterday. I had been avoiding it because A. new jeans do not fall into the Needs catergory of this Spending Fast. And B. I wanted to lose weight before I went and bought myself a new pair of pants.
But unfortunately, it's been so long since I've been pants shopping that this month 3 of my 4 pairs of regularly worn denim have ripped in the thighs (YOU know, the spot where a chubby girl's legs touch when she walks...bah!)

Usually, I wear my "Lazy Girl Chic" uniform of leggings or yoga pants and an oversized shirt, but every once in a while you need to be able to put a presentable outfit together.

SO with my Target gift card in hand, I found myself a decent, inexpensive pair of black jeans. A totally boring, PRACTICAL purchase to make with my birthday gift card...but necessary (I swear, my pragmatic manfriend's sensibility is rubbing off on me far more than I'd ever care to admit.)

Now I'm wondering what do I do with the ripped, but not ruined jeans?
I could try to work some Pinterest magic on them and make them into some cool, ripped shorts.
Or maybe just hang on to them as loungy, lazy day pants. Or "painting" pants?
I can't donate them and throwing away a pair of Hudson's seems sacrileg!

Realistically, they're just taking up closet space right now. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment