Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 36

Hi all! Sorry, things have been a little quiet here this week...mostly due to having a bad weekend. Pennywise, at least! It's pretty embarrassing to have to fess up when I slip up. Otherwise, life is great! Thanks for asking :)




Ok, so you know how when you're on a diet and you'll sneak maybe, 2 chocolate kisses? Then somehow you go ahead and think to yourself, "Well, this WHOLE day is ruined now! I may as well have extra cheese, dessert, AND a regular coke."

Yep, that was me this past Saturday. Long story short, I left my wallet at work on Friday leaving me with no money, no bus pass, and no Zipcar card to get to the suburbs for a baby shower.
After cursing myself for being a giant dope, I trekked my butt the mile to work (in heels!) Then, without a second thought, hailed a cab! I had 25 minutes to make my train and was really left with no choice...except to maybe go back in time and not be so irresponsible with my stuff.

SO! A day that was supposed to cost me a 7 dollar train ride ended up costing me $40.95! Because after I had already spent 20 bucks to get the Metra I figured, "I paid for one cab today. What's one more?" This is also a perfect example of how I diet. Selectively.

Anyway, here's a couple of shots of the blankie I made for baby Laila!




No comments:

Post a Comment