Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32

Hello! Welcome to Month 2, Day 1! And the first purchase I made for the month was...BACON.



What?! I'll have you know, as much as I like bacon, I never buy it. And once I started making it today, I realized I had never even made it before! (Yes, I did have to read the package to make sure I was doing it right, if you MUST know.) It's like I'm not even American or something...

Anyway, it was a necessary purchase because today I was working on a new recipe that I'm calling the Shortstack. Old fashioned donuts made with bacon and maple syrup glaze. Yum! 
Well, they would have been yum...if I hadn't had blown a fuse causing the oven/stove to go ka-put. So unfortunately, this recipe is To Be Continued...





PS I just so happened to have a gift card with a few bucks left on it...so the bacon was FREE. Boo-yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment