Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 45: Valentine's Day



Happy Valentine's Day, all!! 

Today I wore red pants with a pink shirt with pink lipstick...because no one was around to tell me I couldn't. :)
I'm crazy about any holiday that is centered around love and sweets! I spent the day with my favorite little people and the evening with one of my extra special lady friends, a bottle of wine, and a hot ham and cheese. (I know, I know...I'm wild.) And, I'll admit, I had enough sugar I'm sure to forget that I'm really struggling through February.

As I am Fasting at the moment, today should have cost me zero dollars. However, what is it about this month that makes it feel twice as long as January!? Seriously, it's only two weeks into the month and I somehow convinced myself that I needed Valentine's day cookie cutters, colorful icing, and more yarn.

I did manage to do some DIY gifts for today though! I made my girlfriends some fancy mini heart shaped cakes with ingredients I already had on hand and crocheted them two headbands each....in festive, colors of course!

I also made homemade cards which, according to my mom, is still acceptable past the age of 7! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment